Visit my website:

http://www.iconeyesicons.com

Thursday, May 3, 2007

This place of being: And out of nothingness, I AM

Today is the day the Lord has made: let us rejoice and be glad in it. Christ is risen! This moment in time brings us to being--our being, His being. Being and believing. All that was, is and is to be. Redemption, ressurection, and revival. Breathe on us Holy One that we may take up your cross with humble hearts and follow you with all that we are--action and contemplation and love moving together. Moving together to be living witnesses of Truth in this world. OPEN OUR EYES. May we fathom the perfect image of yourself that you have inscribed within each one of us, and help us to reveal through faith the Beauty that you have freely given...

Today. A moment of pause as I collect thought and intent--what am I doing here? In between the infinite duties of life, I want to secure a place of refuge in which to serve as a document to a journey of learning, grasping, grappling, striving, and hopefully insight into the beauty, and importance of icons. My own understanding is limited, yet is driving me to seek fullness. I have had great internal movement to follow this cloud upon the waters, and as an artist to go to that place where image is sacred and used to deepen our own life in the spirit, and that of the whole world. Mystery of God's self-revelation--beyond history, yet made visible through it. Transcending all human emotions: joyful, sorrowful and yet glorious--a window of timeless continuum speaking each day anew.

So briefly I stake a claim into words to plant seed and see what will grow. This marks the beginning of a journey.

As a cross-taker, a wife, a mother, an artist, I will open my eyes.

To see means to receive Christ in his Light. To believe is to know God, grasping that there is true knowledge only in His love. Light exists as a wonderous gift, and articulates the world around us through time.

And as time is fleeting for today, I will return when I can pull imagery and beauty to behold. Sweet Emma is calling...

No comments: