Visit my website:

http://www.iconeyesicons.com

Monday, March 16, 2009

Interior renovation

























I have been wanting to share this image for awhile. I find it strangely provocative and a bit pictorially symbolic of the healing needed in one's spiritual life. I speak of myself. Broken, sometimes feeling like caving in, but still resounding of mystery and the ability to enter in and make beautiful.

How is it that time slips so quickly through the cycles of life? Lent again. Denial of self and gifting of self--trying to break old patterns and make strong and new. I can open that door to the Spirit to rework. O interior castle may there not be too many layers of grime to wash clean...

All I want is to have vibrant love and live it out wholeheartedly. I am realizing my ignorance of theology, of philosophy, of life... What are the vestments of faith and how are they worn? Things I once accepted without questioning are being questioned. How to live? How to live that vibrant love? How do we dive deep into God and listen to all He has to say?

Two little ones to juggle along with the other three. Wanting to go into the studio, and yet wanting to gift little people with all the good things they need now with basic love and exploring life. So I opt for the love of the littles, to the littles and being in the moment with them. This is good. Realizing it is ok to want to write icons, but I don't do it for me. I want to grow in knowledge--in things of interior life. And learn how to live.

Finally I will go to an Orthodox service this week. I am more than excited with all that I have been reading and looking and already living out in prayer through the icon. We want to be in community. Where will this be? Change has to happen.

Kiss the icon--and enter in.


No comments: